Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the modern love company. We help people fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives. You can read more about us here.
We have three main products:
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site. Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowAboutWe for Couples helps couples have wonderful experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content about dating and relationships.
Who We're Looking For
You are an expert software developer who wants to join us in creating a suite of large consumer-facing products that are transforming the way people experience love online and offline. People want you on their project because they know you will increase its chances of success.
You'll be able to work on really interesting projects, including:
- New API development
- New from-scratch features on both our Couples and Dating websites.
- Implementation of matching algorithms
- Scaling and performance optimizations
- Billing and eCommerce store integrations
We run on/use:
- Ruby on Rails, MySQL, HAML/SASS
- RSpec / Cucumber, with coverage analysis
- Redis, Resque, Sidekiq
- Memcache / Couchbase
- 3+ years web development with an MVC framework (RoR preferred).
- Serious (but pragmatic) about TDD, and refactor aggressively.
- Aware of performance trade-offs and write efficient, scalable code.
- Familiar with a range of modern data stores (we use MySQL, Redis, Couchbase, and Sphinx search)
- Full-stack developer, though you may prefer frontend/backend.
- Enjoy pair-programming on larger stories, and rotating between projects.
- Think independently and love sharing your own technical solutions with others.
- Smart, with CompSci degree or equivalent
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options — We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
- Continued Learning — We'll pay for team members to attend conferences and get coaching to continue learning their craft
- Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental — Exceptional Health Benefits.
- Ten Paid Holidays — Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days — We encourage all team members to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink — Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Aaron Schildkrout, CEO at email@example.com.